Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Setting goals for 2014

I’m not usually one to declare official resolutions for the new year, but I do have some goals, some hopes for the year ahead that I think are worth writing (typing?) down.


Write more. Whether it’s here on this blog or just in other places, I really hope to devote more time to writing this year. It is therapeutic for me, and has always been a passion of mine, so I don’t want to let other things get in the way of that anymore.  

Worry less. Hah, we’ll see. But I really enjoyed the feeling of being at peace with everything right before the holidays, so I’m hoping to find ways to let go this year and stop wasting time worrying about things that are beyond my control. And on that note...

Take control. Sure, there are lots of things out of my control that I need to just learn to live with. But some things, I can control. And this year I want to do better about stepping up and staying strong. Work. Eating right. Finances. All of it. If it’s in my control, I want to be more responsible and deliberate in my choices.  

Pursue some passions/hobbies. I love taking photos and have done some small things to improve it in 2013, but I really want to take it to the next level this year. Maybe take a class, or even just practice more. (I’m also aiming to share at least 1 photo a day on Instagram - my own sort of project 365). There are also other things I’ve always said I wanted to do. Learn (more) sign language. Get a real estate license. Learn to sew. Read more. So maybe this should be the year I do them, or at least some of them.

I’m confident these are all things within my reach this year. Some may be a little tougher than others, and I could certainly aim a little higher or be more specific on others. But I’m just going to start practicing #2 right now and not worry about it. This is what I’m hoping for, and this is what I’m going to trust I’ll get. 
{Source}
Happy New Year! Any goals or resolutions you’re making this year?  

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you this year! I pray it is full of little blessings. And big ones too :)

    ReplyDelete