Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

31 Things to be Thankful for in January

This year, I'll be sharing the things I'm thankful for at the end of each month - one for each day of the month. I've always enjoyed reading this over at Words of Williams, and thought it was a great way to reflect on everything I have to be thankful for - big and small.

So without further ado, 31 things I was thankful for in January (in no particular order):
  1. Days off with my husband (with his new schedule, it doesn't happen as often as we'd like).
  2. Heat. In my house. In my car. At work. Heat everywhere!
  3. An early birthday present from my mother-in-law.
  4. The option to work from home when the temperature feels like 50 degrees below zero. 
  5. Friends that, despite living 250 miles away, can come in town and act like we've never been apart.
  6. Sweat sessions at the gym that end with the ultimate endorphin high. 
  7. A gift certificate (Christmas present) for a night away with my husband.
  8. Relaxing pedicures on cold winter nights.
  9. Target. I know people have a lot of beef with them these days, but I will never stop loving Target. 
  10. Paid holidays. 
  11. Getting to talk to my mom nearly every day. 
  12. My heating pad. 
  13. Great coworkers who make stressful days so much more bearable. 
  14. Will power. Maybe if I appreciate it more, it will come around more often. 
  15. Honest people who turn in something valuable after some dope leaves it behind. 
  16. Digital photography. 
  17. A (working) snowblower.
  18. Great neighbors, especially the ones who will call you to tell you your garage door was left wide open. 
  19. Family game nights.
  20. Puppy snuggles.
  21. A clean house, especially when it stays that way for more than 2 days.
  22. A car that can make it through the snowy streets. 
  23. Forgiveness.
  24. A good book (just finished #4; still on track to read one a week this year!)
  25. Text messaging.
  26. Prayer.
  27. Execedrin, the ONLY thing that ever cures my headaches.
  28. Netflix.
  29. Surprise early birthday parties!
  30. Friends to whom you can tell anything, and vice versa.
  31. A relaxing bus ride home in gridlock traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment