Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A few (Ok, a LOT) of my favorite things

I thought I’d share a few 30-themed posts with you in keeping with my upcoming birthday. Up first, 30 of my favorite things!
 
I could easily fill this list with people and feelings that make my life complete. But I’m taking the Oprah route – talking purely items/object/products here. Very materialistic of me, right? If I were Oprah, I’d roll these 30 things out in style and send you each home with one of everything. But I’m not Oprah, and much to my dismay, I’m not a millionaire. So instead you just get a blog post about them.
  1. Jeep Grand Cherokees: I love my Jeep –and have several friends who feel the same way. Sean says we will never get rid of it. I’ve loved these cars since I was a teenager. When I was 17, I even went as far as to reach out to someone who was selling their Jeep as a private party sale - and meet them to look at it and test drive it – thinking surely it wasn’t that hard to sell the car I already had and just buy a different (and more expensive) one. My mom sure appreciated that.
  2. Olay Ultra Moisture Lotion: My MIL introduced me to this and it’s the best body lotion I’ve found. It makes my skin so soft! It smells great, too, but doesn’t have a fragrance. Does that make sense
  3. Arbonne Clear Advantage: In the past couple years, I’ve fallen victim to some bad adult acne. How fun! My hormones of this past year have not helped any. My mom’s friend sells Arbonne products and had me try their Clear Advantage line. It hasn’t solved the problem, but it’s definitely helping and better than other products I’ve tried.
  4. Essie nail polish: I used to be a total OPI snob (still do love it), but have become obsessed with Essie lately. Let’s face it. I just have a nail polish addiction in general!
  5. Pleasures perfume by Estee Lauder: I’m sad to say that my favorite scent, Pleasures Delight, was discontinued. I’ve been squeaking by on my last bottle, but it will soon be time to find a new favorite.
  6. LaCroix sparkling water: Lime or Cran Raspberry. The fridge is almost always stocked with them. I have a SodaStream that I also love, but it doesn’t compare when LaCroix is what I’m craving.
  7. Netflix: I love being able to watch a movie or TV show at a moment’s notice. I’ve started watching on the iPad while doing cardio at the gym and it makes the time so much more enjoyable!
  8. Lifetime Fitness: I’m a little biased because, technically, I haven’t belonged to another gym. But it’s definitely my favorite place for a good sweat session.
  9. Swedish Fish: I have a serious weakness for these. I have to limit how often I buy them because I can down a bag in no time at all.
  10. My iPhone: Need I say more?


  11. Moscato: I love the slightly sparkling, light and sweet flavor of a good Moscato wine.
  12. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting: Since I was little, my favorite birthday cake has always been yellow cake (from a box!) with chocolate frosting. Yum!
  13. Orchids: My favorite flower
  14. Bumble and Bumble Straight Blow Dry: I got a sample of this at Sephora and instantly fell in love. I have naturally straight-ish hair so I’m not sure how it works for others, but this helps keep my hair soft and smooth and vastly decreases the amount of time (if at all) I have to spend on straightening.
  15. 5 Gum: I must have at least one pack of Cobalt on me at all times.
  16. Asics running shoes: I am not a runner. But these are my favorite shoes for working out. I’ve tried other brands but Asics has always given me the best support and comfort.
  17. Chipotle: Did you know I used to hate Chipotle? One day I gave it another shot and fell in love. I could eat it every day if you let me.
  18. Social media: I admit it, I really do love social media like Facebook, Instagram, and blogs.
  19. Pottery barn blankets: They are a bit pricey (for a blanket, in my opinion) but are the best blankets to have around! I’ve currently got my eye on the cozy cable knit throw.
  20. Pilot Precise pens: I am a bit of a snob when it comes to the kind of pen I use at work. I am obsessed with Pilot Precise V5 (in blue), so I bought of 2 dozen on Amazon and won’t run out for a long time!
  21. Excedrin: It is by and large the only thing that will cure a headache for me. I swear by it.
  22. My Canon DSLR: I have the T4i (I am nowhere near a professional, so I don’t need anything too fancy) and love it. I pretty much have a camera with me everywhere I go.
  23. Pandora Radio: I love being able to change up my music routine to match my mood.
  24. Keebler Club Multi Grain Minis: This is so random, but I picked up a box at the store one day a few months ago and suddenly can’t get enough of them.
  25. Kindle: I mostly use the Kindle app on various devices (as opposed to my actual Kindle), but I love, love, love it! It is such an easy way to read often and anywhere.
  26. Kitchen Aid Mixer: I’ve always wanted one of these and we finally got it as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. It makes baking and cooking so much easier. I’m constantly looking for more excuses to use it!
  27. Fitbit: I’ve had mine for about 7-8 months now and I love it. Sean has one, too, and we’re super competitive about it. It motivates us to be more active, and helps me keep in check with how I’m doing.
  28. Homemade popcorn: I don’t think I can ever go back to microwaved popcorn. It’s so much better from scratch.  
  29. Etsy: I can find anything and everything on Etsy. It’s overwhelming sometimes all the choices there are, but it’s wonderful, too!
  30. Target: It’s dangerous how much money I could spend there. After their credit card fiasco, I saw a tweet that said something like “Target could change their logo to a giant middle finger and I would still shop there before Walmart.” I feel like that kind of sums it up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment