Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday randoms.

Friday. That fabulous day of the week where my alarm seems like slightly less of an asshole, only because I know tomorrow I won’t be needing it. In our house, Fridays are not nearly as exciting when it’s actually a Wednesday for Sean. But I’m happy for the weekend nonetheless.

A few random thoughts for today:

1.  Can someone please tell me what kind of wood to choose for our kitchen floor? I really want to go dark, but then it wouldn’t match any of the other floors in our house. The floor we have now doesn’t match any of them either, though. Why must this be so hard?!? We want something we’ll love, but also something others will (hopefully) love since we might just bite the bullet on moving sometime in the next year or two.
See - I want this please!
{Source}

2. I have big plans this weekend. I’m going to spend a cozy night at home watching the Olympic Opening Ceremonies, catch a movie and dinner with my mother-in-law, and hit up the outlet mall with a couple friends. Sounds pretty perfect to me.
 
3.  There’s been a local news story the last couple of days about a baby who is missing from Wisconsin. The mom woke up to find the baby gone. It sounds absolutely horrible and my heart immediately went out to the family. Thankfully they found the baby today in Iowa. But can I just share with you the text my husband sent me about it yesterday? I may be pining for a baby of our own, but I’m not going to go all Lifetime movie and take someone else’s, thank you very much.  
 
4.  I made a batch of homemade butterfingers this weekend to bring to a few different Super Bowl gatherings. Sean brought a few of the leftovers to work and people were apparently hounding him for more. So I made a second batch last night just for them. One girl even offered to pay him if she could have a separate bag of her own. Perhaps I need to discover a few more recipes and start my own business? I could get on board with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment