Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Thirty


http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/99/41/08/994108c1d084bdd681099bf0a4b8653b.jpg
{Source}

In less than two weeks, I’ll be thirty. 3-0. It’s sort of strange to think about. In a lot of ways, I feel so much younger – still an impressionable young adult who needs her mommy, has fears of the future, and likes to pretend the right choice is always the easiest one. When I picture where my mom was at 30 –newly married and mama to an 11-year-old and soon-to-be newborn – I’m amazed. In my eyes, she’s always been so grown up, and yet – she was my age. It just boggles my mind sometimes.

And then other days, I feel like 30 is exactly where I am and where I’m supposed to be. I feel like I’ve learned a lot of life lessons, earned respect and proven myself at work, and carried the weight of the world on my shoulders once or twice. And I feel like my life has been so full. I’ve done so much, been blessed with so many things. And when I think about all of it, it seems like 30 years have really flown by!

I know some people get a bit anxious about milestone ages. For whatever reason, it really doesn’t bother me. In fact, I’m looking forward to it!

So in celebration, I’ll be posting a few 30-themed posts over the next couple of weeks. And as my husband will tell you, 30 is a BIG number. So when it comes to lists of 30 things, I’ll try and keep them interesting enough to read. And short. Because I’ve been told I’m long-winded. (In fact, someone just reminded me of it at work today.) So I’m working it.

And on that note. The end.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling old and yet right where you're supposed to be. I hope you have a fantastic birthday :)

    ReplyDelete