Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Where did this last week go?

I’m writing this from the comfort of my home office (read: my couch) because we just got 10 inches of snow overnight. Sean took my 4-wheel-drive car to work, which means there’s not a chance in hell I’m braving these messy streets with his, so work from home it is.


This past week has been a bit of a whirlwind. It started last Friday, when I had a quick Valentine’s Day breakfast date with Sean before hitting the road to Chicago with my mom. We spent the weekend just outside of the city to watch my sister’s volleyball tournament. We didn’t do much outside of watching volleyball (hey, it’s what we came to do), but we had a lot of fun. The girls did a great job and ended up 7-2 for the weekend!


I had to miss their last few games on Monday because I flew to New York City for work. After a small delay because of the Chicago weather, I got into NYC around rush hour. By the time I made it to my hotel, I didn’t have much time to explore. I hit up the hotel gym, which had stunning views of the Hudson River and the Financial District, and then walked to Chelsea Market to explore and grab some dinner.



Tuesday was my birthday. We were on a photo shoot all day, and when I mentioned to our producer that it was one of our talent’s birthdays (along with mine) she called in a favor with the catering company and had a delicious chocolate cake delivered with our lunch. The whole crew sang to us – my face of course turning bright red – and they made us feel incredibly special. Once we wrapped, we headed back to the hotel to rest a bit before heading out to a fabulous dinner. Once again, the team did everything they could to make me feel special – ensuring we ordered anything and everything I could’ve wanted, and once again getting the entire restaurant to sing me happy birthday over dessert. I finished the night watching the Olympics in bed while FaceTiming with Sean and the pup. It ended up being a great day!  



On Wednesday, it was time to finally come home sweet home. I was so happy to see my boys and ready to get back to a routine. Then of course, after just 1 day in the office, snowmageddon rolled in and interrupted said routine, but I’m ok with it!



Now there’s just ten days and counting until the sunshine and beaches of Cabo San Lucas. Of course, with weeks as busy as these, spring will be here before we know it, right?

1 comment:

  1. It's sounds like you have a very fun and glamorous job. I've never been to NY. It's definitely my dream vacation spot. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete